Velkommen til api.met.no
api.met.no/weatherapi er et grensesnitt mot et utvalg av data fra
Dataene er fritt tilgjengelige for bruk under disse betingelsene. Se også egne vilkår for bruk av tjenesten.
Alle jevnlige brukere av API anbefales på det sterkeste å abonnere på vår
epostliste for API-brukere
siden dette er den eneste kanalen vi vil kommunisere planlagte endringer
på utenom websidene (se arkivet
for tidligere meldinger).
For driftsstatus and vedlikeholdsmeldinger, se status.met.no
(vennligst lag bokmerke i tilfelle siten er utilgjengelig).
For informasjon over hvilke data som er tilgjengelig, samt hvordan
disse kan brukes, se dokumentasjonen (engelsk tekst).
Data som eies av andre enn Meteorologisk institutt er ikke
tilgjengelig for allmenn bruk. Dette står spesifisert i
dokumentasjonen for hvert enkelt produkt. Denne problemstillingen
gjelder spesielt radarbildet over Norden og satellittbildene. Les
dokumentasjonen for hvert enkelt produkt før bruk.
- Airqualityforecast 0.1
- Airqualityforecast - Forecast of air-quality for locations in Norway
- Aviationforecast 1.6
- Aviationforecast - Textual aviation weather forecasts
- ExtremesWWC 1.2
- ExtremesWWC - The Wettest, Warmest and Coldest places
- Forestfireindex 1.1
- ForestfireIndex - Reporting danger level of forest fires.
- Geosatellite 1.4
- Geosatellite - Images from geostationary satellites
- Gribfiles 1.1
- Gribfiles - Serve grib files on the coast from Oslo and Western Norway
- Icemap 1.0
- Icemap - Maps as images showing current ice conditions in the arctic regions.
- Lightning 1.0
- Lightning - lightning data delivered in UALF
- Locationforecast 1.9
- Locationforecast - Weather forecast for a specified place
- LocationforecastLTS 1.3
- LocationforecastLTS - Weather forecast for a specified place, long term support.
- MetAlerts 1.1
- MetAlerts - Weather alerts from the Norwegian Meteorological Institute
- Metgc 1.0
- Metgc - Deliver meteorological forecast data in METGC format for defined areas
- Metgm 1.0
- Metgm - Deliver meteorological forecast data in METGM format for defined areas
- NLAroutes 1.0
- NLAroutes - Vertical cross sections for flight routes
- Nowcast 0.9
- Nowcast - Nowcast for a specified place.
- Oceanforecast 0.9
- Oceanforecast - Ocean forecast for a specified place
- Polarsatellite 1.1
- Polarsatellite - Images from satellites in polar orbit
- Probabilityforecast 1.1
- Probabilityforecast - Probability forecast for a specified place
- Radar 1.5
- Radar - Radar images from various locations
- Radarlightning - Lightning radar images from various locations
- Routeforecast 1.0
- Routeforecast - Maps and vertical cross sections for offshore flight routes
- Sigmets 1.0
- Sigmets - Get sigmets and airmets for Norway
- Spotwind 1.1
- Spotwinds - Spotwinds in XML
- Subjectiveforecast 1.0
- Subjectiveforecast - Forecasts and analyses charts from the meteorologist
- Sunrise 2.0
- Sunrise - Calculate sun/moon rise/set for a given place
- Tafmetar 1.0
- Tafmetar - Receive Taf/Metar from airports
- Textforecast 2.0
- Textforecast - Textual weather forecast for Norwegian land and sea areas
- Tidalwater 1.1
- Tidalwater - Tidal water information
- Turbulence 1.1
- Turbulence - Turbulence prognosis
- UVforecast 1.0
- UVforecast - A prognosis of UV radiation
- Upperwindweather 1.1
- Upperwindweather - Upperlevel wind and weather charts
- VerticalProfile 1.1
- Verticalprofile - Vertical profiles of wind and weather
- Volcanicashforecast 0.1
- Volcanicashforecast - Norwegian national volcanic ash products including forecast
- Weathericon 1.1
- Weathericon - deliver weather icons.
We will shortly launching some new products, mainly of interest for
Norwegian users. As described earlier, some obsolete products will also be
We have started the process of cleaning up the old text forecasts, with a
new XML format (which can be validated), more consistent data structure and
clearly defined areas. All of new forecasts share the same format and
- coast_en, coast_no
- seabank_en, seabank_no, seabank_wmo
- seahigh_en, seahigh_no, seahigh_wmo
To aid in transition from textlocation, all areas are now identified with an
id, which can be used to look up the corresponding geographical coordinate
polygon. These files can be downloaded from the /areas endpoint, but we hope
eventually to be able to include them directly in the forecast.
We have removed the "land" product (use "landoverview in 2.0) as well as
"seaoslofjord" (use "coast_no" and "seabank_no" in 2.0).
For some time we have been working on air quality forecasts in cooperation
with several other public services. This is expected to go out of beta soon.
This is a new image service for aviation, primarily offshore helicopter flights.
This product will expire March 15th. Please use the "landoverview" product
in textforecast along with the area files.
This service hasn't delivered any data for months and will expire on March 15th.
This product will expire on April 1st, when we are turning off the WSklima service.
There might be a similar service on frost.met.no in the future.
As mentioned earlier we are discontinuing some little used
products from api.met.no, here is a complete list:
On February 1st we will remove the following products from the
the route_fbno products (these will still be available for professional
users via NAIS which everybody seem to use anyway)
the landday/long, seabankday1 and metkyst products (which are used to
generate more comprehensive forecasts)
the iga_fbno43, easter and miskred products (which haven't been produced for years)
We have checked the logs and all of these have little or no traffic, so we
don't expect them to be missed. This is the full list of discontinued
easter, landday0, landday1, landday2, iga_fbno43, landlong, metkyst0,
metkyst1, miskred_north, miskred_south, route_fbno69, route_fbno70,
route_fbno72, route_fbno74, route_fbno75, route_fbno76, route_fbno77,
route_fbno78, route_fbno79, route_fbno80, seabankday1.
Also, on March 1st the textlocation service will be discontinued. We will
also remove the "land" product from the textforecast service. There will be
another forecast product to replace those two products, details of which are
to follow later.
At the same time, the product "seaoslofjord" containing forecasts for
Skagerrak and for the Norwegian coast from the Swedish border to Hordaland
will be discontinued. Forecasts for Skagerrak can be found in the "seabank"
product, while forecasts for the complete Norwegian coastline can be found
in the "coast" product.
We will soon also remove the errornotifications service, which is no longer
producing any data. This will be replaced by specific status messages for
- Radarlightning: 2019-07-12: Radar animations discontinued, product deprecated
As we have stopped production of most GIF animations, all requests for
content=animation will now get the "norway" image instead.
Also, since the content delivered by radarlightning now is a subset of radar/1.5,
we have decided to deprecate this product on Dec 1st, 2019.
Please update your links to use radar/1.5 instead.
- Radar: 2019-07-01: New radar Hafjell, hack for missing animations
Hafjell has been added for types lightning, reflectivity_hires and rainrate_with_phase.
Unfortunately, due to increased server load and shorter production cycles we
have not been able to re-enable production of the animations for
reflectivity_hires, rainrate_with_phase and most lightning radars. As a
workaround, we will be substituting reflectivity_hires and
rainrate_with_phase animations with the closest matching reflectivity
animation. Similarly, all lightning radarsites will now return the "norway"
animation. None of these will appear in the available lists, and are used
solely to avoid breaking existing code.
Static images will be delivered as normal, which will not
match the animation in content and dimensions. This means you should not use
the "small" images as thumbnails for the animations until further notice.
We are working on replacements for the missing lightning animations, as well
as a new, improved Radar product version which should be more user-friendly.
- Routeforecast: New vcross route: 2019-06-28
ENJS-ENZV has been added
- Radar: 2019-06-19: update of v1.5
Radars now produce images every 5 minutes (instead of every 7.5).
Animations are currently only available for reflectivity, xband and lightning
(as per the documentation). The undocumented reflectivity_hires animation
is now discontinued.
The little-used sizes "large" and "medium" have been discontinued,
any requests for these will return "normal" instead. Also, animations
are now only available in "normal", use a static image for thumbnails
instead of "small".
For a list of allowed options, see /radaroptions (experimental).
- Routeforecast: New vcross route: 2019-05-14
The route Korpfjell-ENKR has been added to the vertical cross section products.
(No ICAO code has yet to be assignated to Korpfjell, hence the non-standard
- Routeforecast: 1.0 out of beta: 2019-05-14
No further changes planned, product considered stable and can be used in production.
Andre datakilder ved Meteorologisk institutt
- Frost, API for observasjoner og klimadata
- THREDDS for modeller og forskningsdata, inkludert hav og is
Se frie meteorologiske data på met.no
for en komplett liste over tilgjengelige for data nedlasting.
Ved spørsmål om rettigheter og bruk av data, se vår Licensing and Data Policy.
Informasjon om behandling av persondata, se vår personværnerklæring.
Tekniske spørsmål kan stilles til teknisk kontakt.